An exciting opportunity in the Ed-Tech industry to build educational games with VR/AI capabilities!
Our Client, an award-winning start-up with premier funding, is adding a UX/UI Designer to their team. This will be your opportunity to join a highly successful team that has built some of the most popular and successful educational applications across mobile, web, and marketing platforms. They are building new products with AR and AI features that will help kids learn to read in a live immersive game!
- Deliver designs successfully from concept to release
- Convert concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and basic prototypes, creating original designs and sketches, as well as final graphics
- Provide visual representations of design ideas via storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Design child-centered experiences, integrating copy, animation, AI, and code in a holistic way
- Identify new features based on user research and collaborate closely with the Lead Game Designer and Product Owner.
- Communicate design concepts, theories, and best practices to non-creative colleagues and collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Provide support to external creative vendors in the delivery of assets that are not able to be executed internally; Develop creative specs and briefs
- 4+ years of hands-on UX/UI Design experience in the B2C space (mobile and web design experience essential).
- Experience designing children’s products or games is highly preferred
- 4-year college degree in a related field
- Expert understanding of user-centric design principles and best practices
- Portfolio examples that demonstrate knowledge in designing digital experiences for young children and their parents
- Experience with project management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Ability to communicate and present design concepts clearly and effectively
- Expert knowledge of design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch)
- Working knowledge of wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g. Miro, Figma, Balsamiq, etc.)
- A high level of craft and attention to detail, ensuring designs reflect the strategic direction of the company
- Experience working within Agile methodology
- Illustration experience is a strong plus
- Start-up experience is a plus
A portfolio is required for consideration