Our NYC-based Client is looking for a full-time UX/UI Designer with experience in user experience and user interface who will work closely with the Sr. UX/UI Designer on the design and development of compelling, user-focused, strategic and brand-relevant creative solutions that meet the client’s business goals and defined-strategies from project initiation through launch. The Designer will understand usability principles and may also conceptualize some non-digital projects as needed.
Candidates must be highly motivated and able to find joy and personal satisfaction in working in an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities, internally and externally. The candidate must be committed to the timely completion of the best work possible that surpasses both client and team members’ expectations. Finally, the individual must be passionate about learning and having fun!
- UX Research – You enjoy assessing the current and future state needs by identifying users, facilitating stakeholder/user research, reviewing data and analytics, and defining clear performance metrics
- UX design – After gathering insights, you can effectively write personas, organize efficient (often complex) navigation and information architecture sitemaps, and design low-fidelity wireframes with specification markups
- UX Documentation – Your writing and communications skills all you to clearly communicate functional requirements to both external clients and cross-disciplinary internal teams, including UI designers, copywriters, front-end developers, and back-end developers
- UI Design Direction – You can leverage insights, best practices, and your own design and typography sensibilities to lead UI designers to craft modern, responsive designs for websites and intranet
- Strong web design skills and a thorough understanding of UX/UI design for responsive websites and intranets
- UX research skills (e.g., the ability to identify users, their needs, and requirements of the project prior to the user interface design)
- Review and discuss client-provided materials and project initiation documentation with the client and Creative Director to understand strategy, design criteria, and project parameters
- Lead efforts to gather and develop business requirements and user needs specific to complex features, functionality, content, and organizational structure
- Identify and recommend features, functionality, and specific interactions based on analysis of clients’ content requirements, business goals, and user needs
- Create and produce compelling digital/interactive solutions based on the unique needs of specific users; review and discuss concepts with the Sr. UX/UI Designer and Creative Director for presentation and approval
- Gather and incorporate feedback from Creative Director, clients, end users, technical and design teams to validate user experience
- Create Adobe XD prototypes and guidelines and supervise our development/programming and technical partners/contractors to ensure a flawless development and launch process
- Learn and stay abreast of new trends and programs (and or recent updates) and UX/UI best practices
- Review and discuss client-provided materials and project initiation documentation with Sr. UX/UI Designer to understand design criteria, strategy, and project parameters
- As needed, contribute to and develop creative briefs and brand strategy reports
- Review and discuss concepts with Sr. UX/UI Designer and Creative Director for presentation and approval
- Attend and actively participate in internal creative brainstorming sessions to learn, grow, and be inspired creatively
General Studio Responsibilities – Business Development & Administration
- Attend and contribute honest input during monthly one-to-ones with the Manager and participate in formal performance reviews to ensure your own professional development; define and understand yearly and quarterly personal (and studio) goals
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and daily huddles
- Develop visual representation for promotional purposes, and update as needed (website, new business presentations, case studies)
- Check and respond to phone and email messages daily (all written communication, including emails, should be professionally written and without spelling/grammatical errors)
- Enter all hours (billable and non-billable) accurately in the time-keeping system (completed daily by the end of the day).
- Contribute to an environment that is efficient, professional, proactive, and team-oriented
- Three years of proven UX design experience with a portfolio of relevant work examples
- Excellent typography skills
- Strong creative thinking and conceptual skills
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Highly motivated, a self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with developers (ability to code is not required)
- Software & Technical Skills – Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Word, Excel & PowerPoint (Microsoft Office Suite)
A portfolio is required for consideration.
Salary $85,000 – $95,000 per year.
The position could be remote for the right candidate.