Exciting, impactful opportunity to be a founding designer for a mission-driven fin-tech startup!
Our client, an early-stage start-up in the personal finance space, is looking for their first-ever senior designer to drive UX in the company. This position will directly report to the Head of Product and will work to create a consumer-facing web application from the ground up using cutting-edge Agile best practices. This is an impactful, high-growth opportunity to help mold a product from the ground up!
- Manage all aspects of design work, including idea generation, discovery, setting goals, prototyping, user testing, design execution, product development and deployment, and ongoing testing and improvement.
- Join a young but mighty team and influence the direction of the products.
- Define and shape our design framework, approach, best practices, and processes.
- Take conceptual and ambiguous ideas, and translate them into a bold vision and design execution.
- Understand our customers – fostering excitement, trust, and connection
- Prototype rapidly, test, and refine often with users
- Bring your creativity forth to develop elegant and simple user flows and designs
- Ponder the finer points of visual and motion design
- Create a list of concise, actionable product design requirements, and work with engineering to get your pixel-perfect designs to the finish line.
- Work collaboratively across all departments of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in UI/UX design, graphic design, or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with end-to-end UX and UI design.
- Proven work portfolio and track record of building innovative, dynamic user-centric web experiences for the consumer audience.
- Solid experience in creating functional prototypes, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps.
- Strong proficiency in design and prototyping methodologies and tools (e.g. Figma, Invision, Sketch or similar.)
- Experience with grounding design decisions in qualitative and quantitative data and consumer research.
- Experience working with product leaders to shape product vision and strong collaboration with engineers to drive execution.
- Superior oral, written, and verbal communication and ability to convey ideas in a visual format.
- Experience working in a start-up / entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
- Must reside in the USA and be authorized to work in the USA
A portfolio is required for consideration.