Project Civil Engineer 1 – Municipal and Structural
On-site Location: Cincinnati, OH
Our client is an innovative, growing, and trusted architectural and engineering consulting firm, that has provided clients with award-winning projects and inspired solutions since 1922. They are seeking an ambitious, solutions-driven Civil Engineer with a Municipal and Structural Engineering background.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong professional engineering skills. Perform engineering designs, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through final design. This position may serve as an Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager on moderate-sized, well-defined projects and/or Senior-Technical Engineer within the area of expertise on others’ projects. Implementing assigned projects and phases of larger projects independently utilizing well-developed skills, techniques, and methodology.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Civil Engineering is required
- 5+ years of civil engineering experience
- PE License required
- Proficiency with computer-based design tools (AutoCAD, GIS, REVIT)
- Full understanding of permitting and funding agency requirements.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Sound time management skills
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to advance
- Must have a valid driver’s license and registered insured vehicle
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Team position that serves as technical designer formulating and developing structural engineering concepts
- Responsible for structural design of municipal, industrial, commercial, institutional and retail structures, including new buildings and non-building structures, and additions or renovations to existing buildings and non-building structures
- Ability to determine load capacities of existing structures
- Monitor project budgets, as well as the performance of internal and external technical support services
- Prepare or direct, the preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and designs for projects
- Review and/or prepare the opinion of construction costs and project proposals
- Research and investigate existing conditions from fieldwork, records, or other information
- Responsible for coordinating technical and administrative activities within the various departments of the firm; and those of outside consultants.
- Competitive base compensation starting at $85,000-$100,000
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities