We are currently seeking an experienced Estimator in Coppell, TX. Commercial experience is required, and a positive, innovative teamwork attitude is a must. Only qualified candidates in the commercial construction industry will be considered.
Established in 1977, our client has continued to bring successful services to our clients in the automotive, aviation, warehouse/distribution, manufacturing, trucking/transportation, and service and maintenance industries. By specializing in these niche areas of design, bid and construction, we are better able to understand our clients’ needs and operational goals.
- 7+ in the construction industry as an estimator
- Worked with freight, trucking, and car dealership construction.
- Proficiency in computer skills
Key Result Areas and Accountabilities:
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of bid documents received from the owner
- Distribute bid documents to subcontractors
- Respond to subcontractor inquiries
- Select and engage subcontractors
- Maintain drawing logs throughout the estimating process
- Perform or delegate quantity takeoffs/surveys as required
- Set up and develop the project estimate and detailed scopes of work for each trade
- Input and price quantity takeoffs/surveys as required
- Stay updated on current construction practices, unit costs, and trends
- Attend pre-bid meetings, city meetings, and client meetings as needed
- Conduct preliminary site investigations as required
- Thoroughly review all plans and specifications for bid projects early in the bid process
- Secure Bid Bonds as necessary
- Manage bid day activities, including the delivery of proposals, screening, and selection of vendor quotes
- Offer value engineering proposals
- Prepare bid qualifications as required
- Solicit bids and value engineering proposals from subcontractors and suppliers
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree
- $100,000 (negotiable based on candidate experience)
- Top of industry salary/benefits package and performance-based incentive/bonus program.