Electrical Engineer – Columbus, OH
Our client is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Electrical Engineer in Columbus, Ohio!
Join a dynamic team where you’ll be at the forefront of innovative engineering and architectural solutions, working on award-winning projects and collaborating with passionate professionals who prioritize your growth and potential as part of our premier talent-driven culture.
Our client is an innovative, growing, and trusted engineering and architectural consulting firm, providing clients with award-winning projects and inspired solutions since 1922. We seek a vibrant, self-motivated Electrical Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for the completion of design efforts with minimal direction on a task basis and is responsible for the preparation and completion of electrical engineering designs that are responsive to project needs. Will coordinate and, in some cases, manage the preparation of design details, plans, drawings, and reports within the assigned task areas. Must become familiar with the technical staff, methods, practices, and procedures of the Company.
Primary Functions Include:
- Participate in the preparation of bid documents for all types of New Buildings, Existing Building Renovations and Upgrades, Pump Stations, Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrades, Roadway Lighting, and other Miscellaneous.
- Utilize AutoCAD to draft electrical construction drawings, including Floor Plans, Site Plans, Equipment Details, and Wiring Diagrams.
- Coordinate with other engineering trades, including Architectural, Mechanical, Structural, and Process Engineering, to ensure a complete and comprehensive Electrical design.
- Perform site visits to investigate and record existing conditions.
- Analyze existing and proposed electrical loads to size electrical services, feeders, and branch circuits.
- Review project Instrumentation, Control, and Remote Monitoring requirements for individual projects; assist with the I&C design as needed.
- Work toward keeping current tasks within schedule and budget to fit the needs of the project.
- Provide data, as required, for cost estimating and secure preliminary equipment costs for review.
- Investigate new methods and implement new ideas and/or procedures as may be advantageous to the Company and clients.
- Perform independent studies and prepare reports of results and conclusions in a clear, concise manner.
- Maintain and utilize working knowledge of accepted electrical engineering and instrumentation/control design standards and practices in the execution of design work that will meet the clients’ needs and conform to Company standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer License required.
- Related work experience, including a minimum of 5 years as an Electrical Engineer, is required.
- Working knowledge of the NEC is required
- Must be able to work with others in a team environment.
- Competitive base compensation $120,000k (negotiable based on candidate experience)
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company-paid time to perform community services
- Company-paid membership to professional organizations
- Professional and personal development opportunities