Associate Director of Sales – Hybrid – Commutable to DC/ Baltimore area a few times per month
Our client is simplifying the chaos of the events industry through powerful, easy-to-use technology and is seeking a rockstar to join their growing team.
We are seeking an Associate Director of Sales to handle a wide range of responsibilities, with the primary focus on owning all sales KPIs and leading the sales team. Reporting directly to the EVP, this individual will ensure the team hits their individual and group goals through mentoring sales members, improving the efficiency of the sales engine, and building an A+ sales team.
Our client has been voted DC’s Best Startup and one of “DC’s Coolest Places to Work”.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Owning and exceeding all sales KPIs as the leader of the department
- Create forecasts and budgets throughout the year, including, but not limited to, P&L budgeting, sales forecasting, and headcount planning.
- Generating monthly and quarterly sales presentations for senior leaders and championing data-driven success plans.
Mentoring and coaching individuals to ensure 100% quota attainment
- Improve output from existing team members by providing organized sales training, 1:1 sales mentorship, and pipeline management accountability
- Developing sales training programs for Sales and Customer Success team members (including the annual SKO)
- Conducting regular audits of calls and demos and providing feedback for ongoing improvements.
- Setting high standards of excellence, upholding both our company values and our ambitious measures of success.
Developing and improving sales processes
- Improving conversion rates by developing stronger playbooks, email templates, and daily processes for salespeople.
- Increasing efficiency by creating automation through workflow creation and management within our CRM, Hubspot.
- Making data-driven decisions to properly prioritize sales opportunities and maximize all sales team resources.
Recruit, hire, and retain A+ salespeople
- Accelerate the hiring of A players by combining current company hiring methodology with prior hiring experience and sales prowess
- Utilize active and passive recruiting to continuously grow the sales team
What You’ll Need:
- 6+ years of SaaS sales experience with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals (strong preference for SMB SaaS)
- 3+ years of Sales Management experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proven success in improving sales organizations via strategic initiatives
- Proven ability to mentor, grow, and motivate sales talent
- Demonstrated solution-oriented mindset, organizational skills, attention to detail, and disciplined execution
- Exceptional people skills and a unique ability to relate to individuals who may be unlike yourself
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (superior grammar and spelling required)
- Experience in a SaaS startup (preferably under 50 employees)
- Desire to grow quickly and never stop learning
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience with the events industry
- Experience working closely with both Marketing and Customer Success leadership
- Experience with any of the following tools: Hubspot, Zoom, Intercom, JIRA, Productboard, Google Sheets / Excel
- $150,000 Base ($250,000 OTE)
- Full Health Care
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k (with matching)
- Commuter Benefits ($100/mo)
- Passionate, caring, and enthusiastic coworkers