Our client, an emerging E-learning start-up, is adding an experienced interaction designer to their team.
As the Senior Interaction Designer, you will be responsible for the design strategy of an existing product as well as an individual contributor who delivers designs for implementation. You will work on the entire design process, from conception and design audits, through design and launch, to post-implementation evaluation.
In this role, you will look for ways to improve collaboration and delivery efficiency across the project team as it relates to design.
The company prides itself on being able to work collaboratively from 13 different states! They value a work/life balance and don’t expect excessive hours, or set arbitrary deadlines.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ability to work with business analysts and end-users at the earliest stages of requirements gathering to determine user needs and to identify design issues of new feature requests.
- Develop solutions that will translate complex business requirements into user-friendly solutions.
- Design mockups and prototypes that clearly communicate design ideas and solutions to present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Create specifications and assets.
- Design cross platforms interfaces that work for mobile, Native, and desktop browsers.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- 4 years in UX/UI Design, designing for mobile and web.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Product Design, Graphics, and Visual Arts, Service Design, Interaction Design, Information Science, Industrial Design, Computer Science, or any other degree in a functional field.
- Experience with design for accessibility.
- Ability to guide, educate, and work with clients to design user experiences and interactions that successfully meet project needs.
- Proficiency in designing for responsive web, native iOS, and native Android platforms.
- Strong understanding of usability and user-centered design practices.
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to clearly articulate complex ideas.
- Collaborative—can work in cross-functional teams.
- Highly Analytical and Creative – able to analyze existing designs in order to create designs for new features that fit well with the existing application and maximize the user experience.
- Experience with Educational Technology/Learning management system a plus.
A portfolio is required for consideration.