Our international client, an innovative boutique video and animation studio, is seeking a Layout Artist to work on ongoing ad-hoc projects.
- The Layout Artists work under the direction of the Creative Director and work closely to determine the virtual camera language for the project
- Collaborate with environment artists to create realistic 3D environment layouts in VFX programs.
- Position character models within the frames of scenes
- Art: have a good eye for movement and scene layout to best convey mood and plot
- Photography: have an eye for composition, know how to tell a story through a shot, understand camera and lighting techniques, know how to use them to affect emotions
- Knowledge of VFX programs: be adept at using relevant programs such as Adobe After Effects, Blender, Cinema 4D, Houdini, Maya, Nuke, RenderMan, and 3ds Max
- Collaboration and communication: be able to work with other VFX artists and use each other’s resources effectively and efficiently
- Organization: work within the production schedule, manage files, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills in English
A portfolio is required for consideration